If you support the project, take a stand and join the 14,000+ Canadians who have already signed up to the Energy East Action Network. Our goal is 20,000 by August 1, and we know YOU can help us get there.
Join today to receive updates on Energy East and find out how you can help get the facts out about the project on social media.
5 facts you need to know
Energy East is a project BY Canadians FOR Canadians – and the numbers speak for themselves. So, if people ask you why they should support the project, here are five reasons why:
- Fewer foreign oil imports – Without Energy East, Canada is forced to import 736,000 barrels of oil each day from Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Angola and other countries. That’s $35 million leaving our economy every single day!
- Jobs, jobs and more jobs – 14,000 Canadians will work on Energy East annually through construction, and 3,300 more each year in the first 20 years of operations.
- One pipeline = less oil by rail – Energy East will replace 1,500+ rail cars, which travel each day through the hearts of our communities.
- $55 billion will be poured into the nation through increased business activity and higher spending from Canadians who will directly or indirectly work on the project.
- Schools, roads and hospitals – Beyond the oil that fuels our lives, Energy East will generate over $10 billion in new tax revenues for our provinces, helping them fund services we all rely on.
We are grateful for your help getting the word out about this important nation-building project. Mayors, businesses, trade organizations and thousands of Canadians have already showed their support to Energy East. Will you?
Join the Energy East Action Network today!