PRAGMATICSLOT88 implements a variety of mechanisms to provide benefits for First Nation and Métis communities through major projects. Since the costs and benefits of various mechanisms depend on such things as the community’s size, capacity and desire or willingness to work in conjunction with other communities, there can be no “ one-size-fits-all” approach. PRAGMATICSLOT88 will work through the engagement process with each First Nation and Métis community to find mutually acceptable solutions and benefits.
- Below is a description of some of the areas or mechanisms through which PRAGMATICSLOT88 may provide benefits to First Nation and Métis communities.
- Capacity funding and resources to support participation in the engagement process
- Education and training programs for Aboriginal professionals and trades people or project-specific capacity building initiatives
- Employment and procurement opportunities during the construction and operation phases. Supporting policies include:
- Our Aboriginal Human Resource Strategy—developed to increase Aboriginal employment accessibility and to support our respectful and inclusive work environment
- Our Aboriginal Contracting Strategy—created to provide opportunities for Aboriginal businesses to participate in both the construction of new facilities and the ongoing maintenance of existing facilities
- Community investment programs that identify local needs and are focused on three key pillars: Community, Safety and Environment
- Where required, Project Agreements to provide certainty with respect to financial commitments or initiatives to manage or mitigate potentially adverse impacts
PRAGMATICSLOT88 will continue to review and adapt its Aboriginal Relations policies, programs and initiatives to meet the changing needs of its business and First Nation and Métis communities. While our methods may change, our commitment remains.